Tuesday, September 8, 2009

One Month at Site: Short update and Panafest Photos


Life marches on here. Not much to report other than the photos that follow, so this one's going to be short(er). School starts on the 15th of September, sort of. The students usually spend the first few days of the term cleaning up and clearing brush from the school grounds so actual classes won't start till at least a week later. There's no way the roof is going to get fixed or rather built by then so I guess I'll have to deal with that somehow. Most of the teachers and my head are still out of town so I don't know my schedule for the coming term yet.

This weekend, there was a festival in Cape Coast, which I went to for a day with some friends. It celebrates the end of slavery and is held every two years. There were chiefs paraded in palanquins, guys walking around on stilts, people dressed in colorful costumes, and also a monkey. I took some pictures.













I'm also going to add onto my list of demands:) Other things that people can send me are small notebooks, small toys, crayon/colored pencil sets, and books that are roughly at a third grade level. Also tea and spices would be nice.

End communique

No comments:

Post a Comment